Safety driving tips are something you can keep using every time you get behind the wheel. With so many people on the roadways today being a safe driver is extremely important for everyone out there. Your friends at Pacific Sun Insurance / e-sr22filing.com have compiled the following safety driving tips to help get you there safely.
Avoid Driving When Tired Or Fatigued
Getting behind the wheel when your already exhausted or driving for extended time is dangerous. Drowsy driving is a major problem in the United States. The risk, danger, and often tragic results of drowsy driving are alarming. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that drowsy driving was responsible for 72,000 crashes, 44,000 injuries, and 800 deaths in 2013. If your having trouble keeping your eyes open pull over in a safe spot and try the following.
- Close your eyes and take a power snooze for 90 minutes
- Get out of your car and exercise get your blood pumping
- Drink strong coffee or a energy drink
- If traveling long distances call it day and get a room
Don’t Drive Under The Influence
This doesn’t just mean alcohol it’s anything that can impair your judgement and motor reflexes such as the following:
- Prescription medicines that can cause drowsiness
- Over the counter cold or allergy medicines that cause drowsiness
- Illegal drugs.
Besides being dangerous driving under the influence or DUI is illegal and if caught expect the following:
- Vehicle impounded
- court fines
- suspended drivers license
- Mandated DUI school
- Increased cost for insurance and SR-22 certificate requirement
No Texting Or Cell Phone Use
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration , 3,166 people were killed by distracted driving in 2017 alone, 8.5 percent of total fatalities for the year.
- Approximately nine people are killed and more than 1,000 injured daily in the United States in incidents reported as involving a distracted driver, according to CDC reports.
Keep Windshield Wipers In Good Condition And Windshield Fluid Full
Being able to see unobstructed while driving is utmost to your safety and others. If your wipers have deteriorated replace them. Like wise if your windshield wiper fluid is empty then fill it.
Drive The Speed Limit.
As the saying goes speed kills. According to NHTSA In 2018, speeding killed 9,378 people.
- For more than two decades, speeding has been involved in approximately one-third of all motor vehicle fatalities. In 2017, speeding was a contributing factor in 26% of all traffic fatalities.
Its very easy to feel pressured to rush to get to where you are going if you are running a little late. In this scenario you may be more inclined to speed or not come to a full stop or god forbid tailgate. As discussed earlier all of these are unsafe driving habits. The easiest way to avoid these behaviors is to give yourself the gift of time. Leaving early makes for a stress free and safer drive.
Utilize These Safety Driving Tips And Save Lives And Money
Using the above tips will save you time and money by keeping you free from medical and car repair bills caused by accidents. Driving safe will prevent you from driving infraction fines and court costs Your insurance rates will also be reduced for being a good and safe driver.